Lockdown has impacted all of us, particularly with regard to activity. Many of us have found the activities we were used to doing are, at the moment, not allowed, from attending a gym, fitness classes to swimming etc.
It all comes down to the attitude with which you approach it – I can’t do what I want therefore I can’t do anything – OR here’s a wonderful opportunity to do something I’ve not done for a while e.g. a walk with a friend (socially distanced of course)
Walking is free, it’s also a brilliant way of refreshing and refocusing your mind, just 20 minutes a day is great relaxation and also gives you time to think.
So what benefits are particularly associated with walking?
- Build your personal stamina.
- Improve the capacity of your heart and lungs which are muscles.
- Boost the release of endorphins – the happy factor – the natural way to lift your spirits.
- Changing of your physical shape.
- Strengthen your sense of wellbeing.
- Increases your weight loss success
- Doesn’t need to be expensive (walking is free)
- Not age related
- Family friendly
So, next time you’re feeling low why not simply go for a walk. Or, if it’s raining, why not put some dance/happy music and have a jig.
Your only limit is your attitude to trying something different